EU Transition Awards at University College Birmingham is a funding opportunity open for European Union Students. The award is open to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level program(s) in the all the subjects taught at University College Birmingham. The submission of application to the award is presently open.
Subsequent to the UK’s departure from the EU, the Government of UK declared on 23rd of June 2020 that EU scholars starting their studies in the 2021/2022 academic session will be categorized as international students. Per se, EU scholars will no longer be qualified to pay UK fee status or have access to funding through the Student Loans Company.
University College Birmingham would like to assist our EU candidates via this transition; consequently, students are offering an automatic EU Transition Award to all qualified EU scholars who begin their study programs at UCB in September 2021 or February 2022.
This scholarship award will get students’ fees in line with the ones paid by UK scholars. Consequently, EU students applying for undergraduate study programs will pay a sum of £9,250.00 and a sum of £8,000.00 for postgraduate courses. The opportunity will last for the whole duration of your program and will apply to full time courses at UCB including: FdA/FdSc, BA/BSc, Top-ups, and postgraduate courses.
Why University College Birmingham? The prestigious institution is a very inventive and contemporary university that offers industry-led programs with an expanding campus and exceptional facilities to its scholars. It is very respected by employers and industry for providing career-centered education and training.
EU Transition Awards – Summary
- Award Type: Full tuition fee
- Awarding Institution: University College Birmingham
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- Available Courses: All Subjects
- Eligible Applicants: European Union Students
- Location: UK
Eligibility for EU Transition Awards
To be eligible for EU Transition Awards, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Qualified Nationalities: Austria, Bulgaria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, France, Republic of Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
- To satisfy the conditions for the scholarship award, candidates have to be permanent residents of an EU nation and have an offer to begin an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at UVB in September 2021 or February 2022.
- The applicants must also be an EU candidate that has been categorized by the University as an international student for 2021/2022 entry fees purposes.
- There will be no necessity for formal application for this scholarship award. All recipients will be considered against the specified criteria and, if selected, the award will be paid as a tuition fee discount.
- The decision on the suitability of students and distribution of scholarship awards will be made by the University College Birmingham admissions team.
Benefits of EU Transition Awards
- The beneficiaries of this scholarship will be awarded the support for tuition fee of the undertaken undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at UCB.
How to Apply for EU Transition Awards
To avail EU Transition Awards, please follow the guidelines below:
- Candidates need to apply to UCB utilizing its official application portal.
- The process does not necessitate a different application. Qualified applicants will automatically be considered.
- Essential Credentials: The applicants are expected to present the following documents to the university:
- Identity Proof
- Academic Transcripts
- Citizenship Proof
- Valid Passport
- Medical Certificate
- Admission Prerequisites: Candidates are expected to have a high school graduation certificate or a related diploma degree to get entry into an undergraduate program at UCB.
- Language Prerequisites: The scholars must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- PTE – 42
- TOEFL IBT – 55
- TOEIC – 605
- C1 – 160
- C2 -1 60
To inquire further about EU Transition Awards, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.