The Clark Art Institute, USA is pleased to announce the Clark Art Institute Fellowship for academic year 2022. Clark Art Institute Fellowship is open to foreign students from any country in the world who desire to embark on postdoctoral research. The fellowship offers between eleven and sixteen scholarships every year. The program span varies from one to ten months, with the bulk granted for one academic semester.
Scholars, curators, critics, and museum experts are welcomed globally to propose projects that widen and boost the understanding of the visual arts and their role in culture. The Institute comprises of a public art museum with a complex set of research and academic programs, as well as a noteworthy art history library. Clark Art Institute is an global center for debate of the nature of art and its account.
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Clark Art Institute
- Country: USA
- Areas of Study:
- Visual culture.
- Duration of Program: Varies in length from one to ten months.
- Deadline: October 15th, 2021
Benefits of Clark Art Institute Fellowship
Beneficiaries of Clark Art Institute Fellowship will be offered the following benefits:
- The fellowship is granted on a scale based on need and earnings, a sum of about $30,000 per semester.
- Beneficiary’s tax liability to the government of United States will be considered in agreement with the tax regulations of the Internal Revenue Service on a case-by-case basis.
- Travel to and from the institution will be refunded to the recipient and an accompanying family member.
- Beneficiaries are usually offered an apartment in a lately refurbished and expanded late nineteenth-century abode across the street from the Clark campus. There are six apartments available, varying in size from one bedroom to two bedrooms, with extra common spaces. Every apartment is completely furnished and connected to the Clark’s computer network. Housing and services, except long-distance telephone, will be made available. Pets are not allowed in the scholars’ place of residence. Smoking is not allowed inside any of the buildings.
- Beneficiaries are offered a private office in the Manton Research Center, open from 8 am until 11 pm (early closing times on weekends). Computers and IT assistance will be made available on request.
Eligibility for Clark Art Institute Fellowship
To qualify for Clark Art Institute Fellowship, candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Required Language: English Language.
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- Participants can hail from the academic or museum worlds, or from other professional backgrounds.
- Candidates should have a PhD or show equivalent professional skill.
- Candidates may be in employment, full or part-time, or be independent scholars, curators, and/or critics.
- Proficient writing skills.
- Proficient research abilities: experience with autonomously carrying out empirical research, experience with qualitative research (carrying out interviews, qualitative analysis), preferably also experience with quantitative research.
How to Apply for Clark Art Institute Fellowship
To apply for Clark Art Institute Fellowship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Fill out the application through here.
- Submit a detail of your proposed project (500 characters).
- Provide your referees details (please be informed that they have to forward a one-page letter for this email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After activating ‘submit’, please forward the following requirements to email@example.com
- CV (PDF; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer).
- A statement (PDF; 3 double-spaced pages or fewer) in English that details the assumptions and critical obligations that animate your project. It is imperative to situate the project in the framework of existing research; to show what is new or unfamiliar in both subject and/or method; and to clarify why there is a disciplinary necessity for this particular project.
To inquire further about Clark Art Institute Fellowship, please visit the Official Website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.