Robert S McNamara Fellowships is a completely financed scholarship for foreign students who want to embark on PhD studies. Robert S McNamara Fellowships offer the recipient about $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship.
The Robert S McNamara Fellowships grants fellowships to PhD applicants from developing countries to embark on creative, development-related PhD studies under the supervision of a study consultant at a partner organization abroad for a 6-10 month residency period.
Basic Program Features
Professional Experience: Partakers will work on World Bank projects under the direction of World Bank DEC researchers and will be given education on innovative research practices and technologies, and involve with the World Bank operations. Contingent on the type of projects, partakers will have the privilege to be a part to DEC’s published work and potentially co-author with DEC researchers, partake in field missions, and directly deal with with our clients.
Capacity Building: Partakers will get a one-week technical onboarding at the beginning of the program, as well as training on reproducible research practices. All through the program, fellows will partake in periodic persistent education trainings and proceedings, to additional build skills. During their work with DEC economists, partakers will improve their ability to identify, study, and write about significant development policy questions.
Research Dissemination: Partakers will be called to write a blog about their fellowship research with the DEC researchers. This is a chance to sell their research and contribution to development policy discussions. Every year, the finest 4 blogs will be published on DEC’s Let’s Talk Development blog.
- Study Level: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Country: Canada and any other country
- Field of Study: Candidates will have the choice to choose in the application if they would want to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: April 30th, 2021
Benefits of Robert S McNamara Fellowships
Beneficiaries of Robert S McNamara Fellowships will be offered the benefits below:
- A total of $42,750 net per beneficiary for an 8-month fellowship (monthly installments payments).
- As the beneficiaries will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR will support the successful applicants with visa applications by providing invitation letters.
Note: Robert S McNamara Fellowships award does not finance visa application expenses, travel costs, or any other costs of bringing and / or supporting fellows’ family members.
Eligibility for Robert S McNamara Fellowships
To be eligible for Robert S McNamara Fellowships, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to citizens of developing nations
- Graduates of MA level studies or presently doing a PhD in Economics or a connected field;
- Maximum age of 35 years (by June 30th of the year the program begins);
- Ready to move to Washington, D.C. for the period of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Robert S McNamara Fellowships
To avail Robert S McNamara Fellowships, make sure you visit official website link provided at the end of this article:
The RSMFP application must be accomplished online by the application closing date and this includes:
- A resume,
- A statement of research interests: It should detail research interests and show the research programs of interest within DEC.
- Contact details for a recommendation letter,
- A writing sample (optional),
- A code sample (optional).
All essential documents must be uploaded online. Any document a candidate submits by email, post or any method different from the online application form will not be acknowledged.
To inquire further about Robert S McNamara Fellowships, please visit Official Website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here